Tips On How To Boost Your Organic Traffic From SEO Efforts
Leads that are generated from organic traffic are beneficial to your business as it requires minimal to zero cost. SEO or search engine optimization is a major tool that can enable you to maintain a high rate of organic traffic to your website. If you’re based in London and you can’t hire an SEO expert to work for you exclusively, you can find an SEO agency in London to help you with your SEO needs instead. Once you’re able to achieve a certain continuum with your website traffic, you should also consider giving it a boost to keep your website competitive and to secure a better place in search engine results page rankings.
Here are some tips to help boost your organic website traffic:
Be Customer-Centric with Keywords
Popular keywords may come with some degree of guarantee, but it's not foolproof. Some of these popular keywords may turn out to be very broad, and they may not always fit into the niche your website is in. When coming up with keywords, it's best that you keep your customers in mind. After all, they're the soul of your business. There are four things to consider to keep your keywords customer-centric:
- Customer’s Perspective - You have to keep your keywords relevant to your customers. Try putting yourself in your customer’s shoes. Think of all the possible queries that they are most likely going to ask.
- Your Website’s Niche - Another significant thing to keep in mind is the niche of your website. Your keywords have to stay relevant to your niche. That is why it’s important that you are highly familiar with your niche because you can have a better grasp of topics and keywords that are associated with it.
- Keyword Trends - When you analyze keywords usage data, you’d notice that there is a pattern or trend. You have to take advantage of this. To make things easier for you, it’s best that you have your own list or database of relevant keywords as reference. You can do this by doing a survey or keeping track of keyword trends that keep users coming. And then, you have to save these relevant keywords or take note of them in your database or keyword bank.
- Long-Tail Keywords - Customers prefer specific terms when searching for product information. This usually comes in three or four phrases. This form of search phrase or keyword phrase is what’s called a long-tail keyword. Long-tail keywords are specific to a customer’s query and they also encapsulate the essence of your content.
Keep Your Blogs Updated
If you don't have a blog on your website, you should start creating that right now. Websites that have a blog section on their website have better chances in search result rankings. This is because blogs add a layer of interaction to an otherwise formal or product-centric website. A blog section is where you can use your product and service to connect with customers in different aspects of their lives. To keep your blog relevant to your customers, always keep it updated and post new material consistently. A blog content that is updated regularly is also attractive to web crawlers that can help push your rank towards the top of search results.
Maintain the Quality of Your Content
Perhaps the best treat that you can give to visitors on your website is to provide them with quality content. Feature topics that are important and helpful. Also, polish your content and remove spelling and grammar errors. When corrections have to be made, implement them as soon as you can. Visitors will keep coming when they know you consistently have quality content.
Utilize Internal Links
Using links on web content can work wonders for your organic web traffic. You can keep website visitors from looking at other websites for resources if you can provide them with what they need. You can do this by using internal links. Instead of redirecting them to another website, have them click on the links that lead them to other content that are found on your website.
Focus on Quality Links
When it comes to links, quality has to precede quantity. If you're not very careful with the links that you attach into your content, you could end up getting penalties for violating search engine protocols. So be sure to only use links from reliable and secure websites. Even if you have fewer links attached, if these are high-quality links, it can still drive organic traffic and boost your website's ranking.
Do Guest Blogging
One effective method of driving organic traffic is guest blogging. In guest blogging, you, the website owner, will write quality content for other websites in a similar niche. You can link your website to your written content. The more content you write for many websites, the more clicks you can get. You can also write for free-publishing platforms that have thousands of subscribers like Medium and LinkedIn. To return the favor to websites that have featured your content, you can also have other bloggers write content on your website.
Keep Abreast with the Trend
Monitor your website's performance stats and understand the patterns or trends that mostly drive higher organic traffic. Once you've identified your website's strengths and weaknesses, you'll know which areas to improve or focus on, and which ones must be maintained. This will also allow you to forecast possible changes in trends and you can better adapt to these changes.
Take Advantage of Social Media
Social media is swarmed by potential leads that your website can benefit from for boosting organic traffic. Always check if your social media buttons are working. Also, keep posting and sharing your content on your social media accounts. Make them interesting so you can gather more clicks from social media followers.
Optimize with Meta-tagging
Meta-tagging goes a long way in giving your website a boost in organic traffic so be sure to use it wisely. Three of your priority areas when it comes to meta-tagging are:
- Heading – always use the proper H-tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.)
- Description – fill meta descriptions with relevant keywords
- URL – keep your URL short and with relevant keywords as well
Spending for more website traffic isn't a very desirable or effective way to manage your website when you're still starting and you haven't achieved your target revenue. Besides, SEO is already a handy tool. When you know how to maximize the power of SEO, reaching a high rate of organic traffic is achievable.