What should you choose, Paid Search Vs Organic Search in 2019?
Refining your SEO will make it easier for you to rank on Google Search Result Page (SERP). Google has always committed to keep the website’s content useful and trustworthy for them to rank. Large organizations use PPC ads or paid online advertisements to connect with an extensive audience online. But an ad campaign won’t directly help in site ranking rather it will help your business appear in the relevant searches and other content on the web.
Thus, to understand what you should choose for your business – SEO or PPC, let’s understand how they work differently and are beneficial for your business.
Let’s proceed with
A potential and eternally used method to improve your site’s visibility and gain more users. Including content on your site, SEO will help your site show up in relevant searches. You can easily improve your site’s SEO with diverse things out of which are –
- Writings or text on a website must be lucid, helpful and descriptive
- Your topic must be explained in a comprehensible manner
- Inclusive of those words that a user might search when looking online
Google prioritize to deliver only authentic and relevant content to the user. If you think adding fake pages or cluttering your pages will help in ranking, then that’s a myth you are carrying. Doing so, Google might consider your site as deceptive and ignore it. It is important for the Google bots to become affirm about the legitimacy of the site and its content before delivering it to the audience.
To help Google bots find your content, through the sitemap. It’s a file on your site that tells the search engine about new or changed pages on your site. To promote any page of your site, you must allow Google to crawl through those pages.
In order to block the Google crawlers from entering into the specific pages of your site, you can use “robots.txt” in your codes. This file mode tells Google bots to not to crawl through these pages and you equally do not want them to get indexed, but there might be a possibility that even after using robots.txt, Google crawler might crawl through the restricted pages. Under these circumstances, you might need to use a rel = “no index” tag as a more secure method or apply a properly authorized password to restrict access to the information.
For better indexing, you can use the URL Inspection tool on your site to help identify the number of indexing issues and fix them right away.
Because the search engine needs a unique URL to crawl and index the content and refer it to the users. Thus, it is important to:
- Create unique and accurate page titles
- Create brief & descriptive titles and snippets in search results
- Use the description meta tag
- Use heading tags to emphasis important text
- Add structured data markup
An organizing site hierarchy is the most important thing to get under the eyes of Google. But, why is that necessary? This will not only help users find the content quickly but, will also help the webmaster understand the important content. Planning the navigation from the homepage to specific pages will make the tour of your entire website easy. Adding breadcrumbs will also help your visitor to quickly navigate back to the previous page or the homepage.
A substantial approach through which Google will display your site’s content to people’s interest could be having other sites link to yours. There can be various methods through which the linking could be done –
- Blog reviews of your products and services
- Satisfied customers
- Business associates
- Listicles or any other
Above all, you must make your content compelling as well as useful for the users. Yielding interesting content to your users will help them drive other users as well. For users to search you, you need to think like a user, add keywords that a user might search. You can make use of the Keyword Planner tool to discover new variations in keywords and check their volume. Structuring the content and keeping it transparent using the right and latest technologies build trust among the users.
57% of B2B marketers say SEO has the biggest impact on lead generation.
With text, it is equally important to optimize your images added in your site. Adding common file types (jpeg, gif, png, bmp & webp) will help in better optimization. Providing your image with a descriptive filename and alt attribute will help in specifying text if, the image is not visible.
Image sitemap can provide Google bot with more information about the image to be easily found on the Search results.
Last but not least, your site must be mobile-friendly. There are numerous ways to make your website mobile – ready through:
- Responsive web design
- Dynamic serving
- Separate URLs
Google’s organic search result is a nonpareil approach. Making even the slightest changes in your website can have an astonishing impact on the search ranking, that to cost-free.
And on the other hand, is
An advertising solution by Google that permits brands to bid their chance to show an ad next to the searches on Google.com at the time when people are looking for what you have to offer.
Here google lets you get noticed by the immeasurable audience online through an ad and you only pay when someone clicks on it.
Google gives you the flexibility to alter your ads anytime in order to target a group of people or promote a specific deal or product.
This great resource aids small companies who cannot update their SEO frequently to reflect sales, promotions or seasonal changes of their offerings.
PPC ad solution is not meant to improve the SEO ranking, rather improve your brand visibility. Google Ads facilitate every size business to grab users’ attention online and promote businesses outside Google Search.
Google Ads gives you the platform, Google Display Network (GDN), which is chained with thousands of websites across the web to connect with even more potential customers.
This platform also gives you the leverage to pick specific sites or type of people you would like to reach from the network.
Thus, choosing Google ads will allow us:
- To attract more customers – Whether you bring up a new site or add a new feature or launch a new product, Google Ads will give you a splurge of visitors as well as sales for your business.
- Reach right people at the right time – With the help of Google Ads, you can reach the right people at the time when they are looking for what you offer.
- Advertise globally or locally – Google Ads gives you the privilege to target customer around the globe or within certain countries, region, cities or set distance as per your choice.
Google gives you plethora of ways to advertise and be found globally. You can reach your potential customers through – text-based search ads, graphics display ads, YouTube ads or in-app mobile ads.
With three simple steps, you can live your ad whenever you want – Pick the format you want and create your ad, choose a location where you want your ad to get displayed, and later set the budget.
1. Pay Per Click Search Engine Advertisement -
These ads appear in the search results when people search for the products and services you offer. Google demands a reasonable amount for each click thus, you only pay if users click on your ad and visit your site. You can measure the performance of your ads running and make adjustment in them anytime. Moreover, you can create different ads and test them to know the best performer of all.
2. Display Ads to reach more customers -
These ads can help in reaching potential customer across the web in all devices. These ads appear on over two million websites and in over 650,000 apps. There are many ways to display ads – in the form of text, in the form of custom ads in Gmail, through the banner with rich images or media, campaign for specific mobile app category. Google Ads assist you in measuring your campaign’s performance or make necessary adjustments to meet your objectives.
3. Broadcast your story with video ads -
Show your ads to the people you want. YouTube is the greatest platform to reach the audience through videos making it popular among 18-49 years of age group than any other cable network in the U.S. Your selection of audience could be based on age, gender, location, interests and more. Through Google Ads, you can create some compelling video campaigns with the range of video ad format, like:
- Skippable in-stream ads - You can use this form of an ad to display your content before any video. These ads give you the option to skip after running for 5 seconds.
- Non-skippable in-stream ads – These ads are meant to display the entire message without the skip option. These ads run for 15 seconds or less.
- Discovery ads – These ads could be seen either on YouTube search results, alongside related to YouTube videos or on the YouTube mobile homepage. They encourage users to click on thumbnail to watch the video.
- Bumper ads – These ads are 6 seconds of video ads that are displayed during, before or after the video. This type doesn’t allow you to skip the ad unless they display their brand awareness.
- Outstream ads – These ads only play on mobile devices or on partner devices. These ads start mute but could have an unmute option to listen to the sound. Alike other ads this type does not provide the option to skip.
As per the survey, video ads are clicked 73% more than display banners. 36% of searches on Google are associated with the location. Also, Startups and small businesses earn $3 in revenue for every $1.60 they spend on Google AdWords.
Then, why is that Google Ads doesn’t help in improving SEO?
If Google dispenses value to rank higher on the search results, then users might not receive the actual information that they attributed. As mentioned earlier, Google’s first responsibility is to provide users with the most relevant information possible to their query.
Google search result takes the relevancy of the content on the page as well as links to a web page into account.
But there is a tool of Google Ads that can help in improving SEO ranking and optimizing your site. Google Analytics is one of the significant tools to have a deeper understanding of your customers and analyze your business’s data in one place.
Whatever your industry is related to – automotive, healthcare, travel or beyond – Google Analytics can help you to:
- Establish a whole picture – Integrating this tool will help you understand how users are interacting with your site or app. Analytics will help you understand what’s working and what’s not through robust reports and dashboards. Moreover, you can measure points of sale and other touch points with your customers for a complete view.
- Get proper insights – Google Analytics uses machine learning’s capabilities to uncover new insights into your data. From users likely to convert to customers with potential revenue, Analytics can discover all.
- Analyze and make your data work – You can easily get collaborated with easy-to-use interfaces and shared reports, process and share a huge amount of data to keep things flexible and fully programmatic using API configuration. Analytics also proffer built-in technical support and a global infrastructure that provides secure, accurate data across sites and apps.
Through Analytics you can take actions to improve the experience of the users. Gain quick analytics of data and step into sophisticated modelling capabilities. With the variety of reporting tools, you can easily share your insight across various organizations which are:
- Audience Report
- Advertising Reports
- Behavior Reports
- Conversion Reports
- Real-Time Reporting
- User Flow Reporting
- Data Freshness (Analytics 360 Only)
- Unsampled Reports (Analytics 360 Only)
- Roll-Up Reporting (Analytics 360 Only)
Also, Analytics offers multiple ways to organize, access and visualize data that suits your business needs altogether like,
- Filtering and manipulation
- Funnel Analysis
- Visualization and monitoring
- Custom Funnels (Analytics 360 Only)
- Advanced Analysis (Analytics 360 Only)
Note: The Analytics 360 has the premium capabilities such as advanced analysis, unsampled reports, big query export, data-driven attribution and many more
Organic traffic is widely considered to be the most valuable traffic source for several reasons. On average, organic search leads have a 14.6% close rate, compared to 1.7% for outbound marketing leads. Still, statistics indicate that brand awareness can effectively be grown through paying for the exposure on Google’s engine results pages for search user that will most likely fit your target demographic. Thus, on the brand campaign, when done correctly, through paid Google ads can boost the metric up to 80%. Watching the trends integration of SEO as well as PPC, both are the optimal approach. Together, both will help you reach the potential audience and rank higher among the search results, which is important for any business to grow.