What’s the scope of a Python developer?
Python is a multi-paradigm, high-level programming language that was designed by a Dutch Programmer, Guido van Rossum. It was created with all the features as a traditional programming language like Java, C, C++. With more than 25 years of its existence, Python has managed to become the fastest-growing language. This success reveals that the future scope of the language is promising as well. In fact, Python has continuously been the preferred language for domains like web development, application development, GIS and Mapping, Scientific and Numeric computing, system administration, game development, and others.
Why has Python become so popular?
The feature Python offers is the reason behind the global popularity of the programming language. Let’s take a look at some of these features:
- It supports multiple programming paradigms As mentioned above, Python is a high level and multi-paradigm programming language that includes features like imperative, object-oriented, reflective, functional, and procedural,
- It has a large set of tools and libraries Python is known for its extensive set of tools and standard libraries that can enhance Python’s overall functionality. It also makes it easy for the coders to write programs in Python. Here are some of the important tools and libraries of Python:
- Built-in functions, types, constants, and exceptions
- Multimedia services, file and directory access, file formats
- GUI development tools like Tkinter
- Internet protocols and support, modules, data compression and archiving a custom Python interpreters
- SciPy, matplotlib, Scrappy, Pygame, wxPython, PyGTK, PyQT, and others
- It has a vast community support Python is the preferred choice of developers for a wide number of areas. This is because python comes with the support of a large community. So, if you are facing any issue while writing a program in python, you can post a question to the community and will get a solution. On the forums, you will also be able to find new ideas about Python and the change in its versions.
- It offers better code readability When compared to other programming languages, Python offers better code readability. One of the reasons for this is that in Python, whitespace indentation is used instead of curly brackets to delimit the code block
- It can work with fewer lines of code When you are working in python, you will be able to get the job done in fewer lines. This way, the efforts of the programmer are reduced. An example of this is the famous ‘Hello World’ program. When you are writing this program in Java, C, or C++, it usually takes 6 to 7 lines of code. But, in Python, just one line is enough. This proves that Python takes less time and less coding effort to write the same program
What is the future scope for a Python Developer?
Python is in high demand today, and so are the Python Developers. The language is used extensively for web development, system administration, developing games, application development, etc. Apart from this, there are several other technologies relying on Python. In fact, Python is the core language used in these areas. Here are a few examples of such domains where Python is the core language used for development, production, and research
- Artificial Intelligence
When it comes to future technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Python has undoubtedly dominated over every other programming language. The multitude of python libraries, tools, and frameworks are available that have developed specifically for AI. Using python helps in reducing human efforts and increase efficiency and accuracy in the development process.
It is important to note that it is because of AI, that we can today develop autonomous cars, speech recognition systems, and interpret data. Here are some of the python tools and libraries that are used for Artificial Intelligence branch:
- General AI - AIMA, SimpleAI, EasyAI, and pyDatalog.
- Machine Learning - PyBrain, PyML, MDP Toolkit, MIPy, scikit-learn, and GraphLab Create.
- Natural Language Processing - NLTK, gensim, and Quepy.
- Neural Networks - neurolab, PyAnn, ffnet, and pyrenn.
- Big Data
The way Python has helped big data technology grow can show how important python programming language is. Python has contributed successfully in analyzing large volumes of data sets through its high-performance libraries and toolkits. Here are a few examples of Python toolkits and libraries that are used for Data Analysis and other Big Data issues:
- GraphLab Create
Networking is another technology in which Python plays a crucial role and is bound to have a brighter scope. Python can be used for reading, writing, and configuring switches and routers, and performing network automation tasks in a secure and cost-effective manner. There are several tools and libraries that can be used for this purpose. Here are a few examples of these that are used for network automation by network engineers:
- Network Automation and Programmability Abstraction Layer with Multivendor Support (NAPALM)
- Paramiko SSH
- Junos PyEZ
With so much applicability in different domains, Python is the top choice for several big organizations and startups. They use Python in their projects for meeting the customer requirements and improving their productivity. In fact, many governmental organizations use Python for maintaining and adding more functionalities to their website. One example of this is the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) from the USA. Apart from this, here are some of the biggest organizations in the world that are deploying python and its frameworks for dealing with the main production areas:
- Walt Disney Feature Animation
- AlphaGene, Inc.
- Red Hat
- SGI, Inc.
- Yahoo! Maps
Python has managed to become the most popular programming language after beating languages like Java, C, and C++. This open-source programming language can be used for developing almost any kind of application.
Thanks to the advent of IT, the career opportunities for Python developers have grown significantly. There are several organizations that are on the lookout for candidates with excellent python skills. This has increased the demand for Python professionals. It also depicts that the language has better scope in the future. So, if you want to be a developer, the best option that you have is to go for a Python certification course.